header-photo

Euphoria!

I see that word and always want to think euphorbia for some reason or another. I guess plant bio never leaves one's brain.

I am having one of those afternoons where you tie up loose strings and get prepared for a vacation, feeling accomplished and organized. Except I'm not really going on vacation. For the past FOUR years, my life has been dictated by the reproductive cycle of Drosophila melanogaster at 24C. (except those months when the flies tried to kill me and I ended up on bedrest...) Anyway, I'm heading to Florida to work on data and writing.

There is so much to do, that I am starting to feel the pressure. However, at least I will feel pressure and warm sunlight all at once! And most importantly, I will be hanging out with my family.

But more on the euphoria front. I may be scanning in petri dishes, but I have a new manicure and pedicure. Bright coral pink. I got a nice sea salt scrub, a mud mask, a parafin treatment. Lovely. It makes me feel better about not fitting into all of my old summer clothes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment